PARAGLIDING ACCURACY WORLD CUP 1st Series17-19 March 2017, MANADO – NORTH SULAWESI, INDONESIA
|PGAWC 1st Series 2017 are in Manado, North of Sulawesi, Indonesia|
|The competition is proposed to be on March 17-19, 2017, Practice day on March 17, 2017.|
|Flying Site||:||Gunung Tumpa (Tumpa Hill) Forest Conservation|
|Environment||:||At a rainforest conservation, very nice view to the sea & Bunaken Islands National Park.|
|Take off altitude||:||350 meter, ASL|
|Landing altitude||:||0 meter, ASL|
|Difference / Distance||:||350 meter / 1420 meter distance|
|Category||:||FAI, Cat 2 (Two)|
|Min. Round||:||1 Round|
|Max. Rounds||:||6 Rounds|
|Score Practice Day||:||Will be taken for “Reserve” Score|
|Registration Fee||:||ENTRY FEE ONLY EUR 50 /person (equal to IDR 750.000,-) including:
HOTEL PACKAGE EUR 80/person (equal to IDR 1.200.000,-) including:
|(all money prizes including 20% Governement Tax)|
|Tech. Delegate||:||Mr. Aldy Patanroi|
|Meet Director||:||(to be announced)|
|Safety Officer||:||(to be announced)|
|Launch Marshal||:||(to be announced)|
|Chief Judge||:||Mr. Ugljesa Jondzic|
|Flying Site||:||Gunung Tumpa (Tumpa Hill) Forest Conservation|
|Take off altitude||:||350 meter, ASL|
|Landing altitude||:||0 meter, ASL|
|Take off/target||:||350 meter / 1420 meter distance|
|Time from LZ to TO||:||20 minutes by car|
|Spot Description||:||Taman Hutan Raya Tumpa Mountain is one of popular place in Manado, Indonesia. It is about 45 minutes from the International Airport of Sam Ratulangi Manado, and 40 minutes from the hotel area.
Hotel area is 40 minutes from the airport, and only 35 minutes (by boat) to the famous Bunaken tourism site. It is surrounded by many restaurant & cafes, and it is opened until morning.
You also may see Tondano Lake, Lokon active volcano Mountain, Linow Lake and many places around Manado City. Nice one.
|Manado, Indonesia||:||Manado is one of city located in North Sulawesi. It is known for various and awesome beaches also coral reefs, particularly at Bunaken Island. After sailing motor boat from Manado to Bunaken, there are some reef areas that are ideal for diving and snorkeling. Manado is also a nice place for shopping and culinary lovers. Check out our Bunaken Island Trip Package bellow!|
|How to Get There||:||
|Hotel Info||:||Our main hotel would be Peninsula Hotel, one of the best 5 stars hotel in Manado, with swimming pool & gym for free, bar, lounge & restaurant. The hotel is located at Supratman Street, on the top of the hill with beautiful view to the whole Manado City. You can take a walk to go to shopping center, ATM, cafés, restaurants & other public facilities you might needed.
We suggest you to stay at main hotel during the competition to get the best facilities, services & easier coordination. For your convenience we offer a VERY SPECIAL RATES in our Hotel Package (5 days/4 nights). If you are intend to take the hotel package or has plan to extend your stay, please inform us immediately by email to email@example.com so we can keep it for you as we only have 40 rooms booked.
For more info please visit : http://sintesahotels.com/explore/manado/sintesa-hotel/home/
This is the list of smaller hotels around main hotel :
Entering Indonesia without any visa is possible now only for nationals of the following 11 countries and territories: Brunei Darussalam, Chile, Hong Kong Special Area (Hong Kong SAR), Macau Special Area (Macau SAR), Malaysia, Morocco, Peru, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Citizens of the above countries will be issued on arrival a stay permit for 30 days free of charge upon presentation of a passport which is valid at least for another 6 months. This stay permit cannot be extended or converted into another type of visa.
VISA on ARRIVAL (VoA)
This facility is available for nationals of the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and the United States of America.
Citizens of these countries will be able to apply for a VoA valid for either 3 or 30 days upon arrival by air in Bali, Jakarta and a few other international airports or by ship at a limited number of Indonesian sea ports. A 3-day visa costs US$10 and a 30-day visa costs US$25.
The VoA cannot be extended or converted into any other kind of visa. Also be aware that Immigration officials calculate the 30-day period as follows: your arrival day is counted as your first day, and you must leave the country on the 30th. day!
How to Obtain the “VISA on ARRIVAL” (VoA)
Travelers from the above countries must be in posession of a passport which is valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival and the completed embarkation/disembarkation card they received from their airline. They must also be able to prove they have sufficient funds for their stay in Indonesia. The Visa-On-Arrival can be obtain through the Immigration Clearance Points as follow:
- Airport: Polinia Airport at Medan, Sultan Syarif Kasim II Airport at Pakanbaru; Tabing Airport at Padang; Soekarno-Hatta Airport at Jakarta; Juanda Airport at Surabaya; Ngurah Rai Airport at Bali and Sam Ratulangi Airport at Manado.
- Harbour : Sekupang, Batu Ampar, Nongsa and Marina Teluk Senimba at Batam; bandar Bintan Telani Lagoi and Bandar Sri Udana Lobam at Tanjung Uban; Belawan, Sibolga at Medan, Yos Sudarso at Dumai, Teluk Bayur at Padang, Tanjung Priuk at Jakarta; Padang Bai at Bali, and Jayapura at Papua.
Arriving travelers with Visa-On-Arrival status have to go first to one of the ‘VoA Counters’ to pay the appropriate fee and have their passports stamped with the VoA before proceeding to the Immigration Clearance Desk. An official bank is part of the VoA service counters. Payment of visa fees can only be made in US dollar bank notes, Indonesian Rupiah equivalent or by VISA or MASTERCARD.
Extensions & Overstay Payments
A visa extension of 15 days is allowed upon payment of an additional fee, please note that the application for extension must be made prior to expiry of your visa.
Visitors that stay beyond their visa expiry date will be charged a fine of USD20.00 per day of overstay upon departure.
Citizens of the Federated States of Micronesia (YAP, TKK, PNI, KSA), Palau (ROR) and the Republic of the Marshall Islands (MAJ & KWA) must pay USD $50 in addition to the regular visa fee. Citizens of all other countries must apply for a visa prior to arrival.
Embassies & Consulates
Please visit the Indonesian Foreign Affairs web site for more information and a list of Indonesian consulates and embassies worldwide. Please Check again to avoid any sudden changes with our visa on arrival policy.
ORGANIZER & CONTACT
- Manado City Government
- FASI North Sulawesi Province
- Paragliding Federation of Indonesia
- Paragliding North Sulawesi Province
|Chief of Organizer Committee||Hilman K R||+62 812 10330335|
|Secretary / Contact Person||Pingkan Mandagi||+62 812 44620729|
|Coordinator for Transportation||Mundiono||+62 812 41129863|
|Coordinator for Accommodation||Ismar Galih||+62 813 33372007|
|Coordinator for Competition||Donni Lamitang||+62 812 4307453|
- Web site : www.fasisulut.com
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration : http://www.pgawc.org/index.php?ind=userdata&op=reg_comp
|Day / Date||Time||Activity||Location|
16 March 2017
|14.00 – 18.00
18.30 – 19.30
19.30 – 20.30
|Check In & Registration
17 March 2017
|07.30 – 18.00||Official Pilot Briefing
Official Practice Day
18 March 2017
|07.30 – 18.00||Competition Day 1||Gunung Tumpa|
19 March 2017
|07.30 – 14.00
15.00 – 17.00
|Competition Day 2
Closing Ceremony & Prize Giving
Taman Kesatuan Bangsa
20 March 2017
|08.00 – 12.00||Check Out||Peninsula Hotel|
Online Registration will be started on Jan 16th – March 10th 2017 on PGAWC official website: http://www.pgawc.org/index.php?ind=userdata&op=reg_comp
The competition ENTRY FEE is EURO 50 (equal to Rp. 750.000,-) and HOTEL PACKAGE EURO 80/person (equal to IDR 1.200.000,-) should be paid not later than March 16th 2017 at the time of registration.
Official team members and non-competing participants will pay EURO 80 (equal to IDR 1.200.000,-) should be paid not later than March 16th 2017 at the time of registration.
Official team members and non-competing participants are REQUIRED to report their arrival date, itinerary details and hotel booking plan to the organizers not later than March 10th 2017 by email to : email@example.com
Local Regulation For 1st Series PGAWC Manado 2017
- Location : Manado City, North Sulawesi, Indonesia
- Flying Site : Gunung Tumpa Forest Conservation
- Date : March 17th – 19th , 2017
- Organized by : FASI Sulawesi Utara & Manado City Government
- Address : Kelurahan Ranotana Ling. VI (Kompleks Stadion Klabat) Manado 95124, North Sulawesi – Indonesia
- PGAWC Technical Delegate
- Meet Director
- Safety Officer
- Launch Marshal
- Chief Judge
- Event Judge
- Target Judge
These local regulations are to be used in conjunction with General Section and Section 7 of the FAI Sporting Code.
- This Championship is open to all pilots from any country which an FAI member.
- The target for maximum competitors is 100 pilots
- The Entry fee for the competition is 50 Euros/pilot
- General Competition Rules
The on-line registration will be open from January 16th to March 10th ,2017. On line registration can be done at : http://www.pgawc.org/index.php?ind=userdata&op=reg_comp
All the participants MUST fill and send the registration form together with photo to firstname.lastname@example.org (download the file at http://www.pgawc.org/index.php?page=Home ) to be filled in PGAWC data base, and will received ID card to use during competition and can simply register for any PGAWC competition in future. Who do not send registration form till deadline, can compete by paying Euro 50 for Entry Fee PLUS Euro 20 (or in equivalent currency).
To inform your itinerary, hotel plan details and any other information please send us email at :
2.2 Pilot Requirement
- Evidence of pilot qualification/Paragliding license equal to parapro 4 issued by their NAC
- Prove of pilot Nationality
- Pay the entry fee for 50 Euros
- Signed Release of liability document
2.3 Number of Rounds
There will be 6 rounds maximum.
2.4 Launch order
- All teams will be entered in a draw to determine launch order. Each pilot in the team will beallocated a number from 001 to100 from which the flying order will be established.
- When the final round of the competition is called, pilots should launch in reverse order of their current competition position.
- The organizers will provide numbers for each pilot which should be displayed prominently as instructed at registration.
- Technical meeting and pilot briefing
- All pilots must attend the technical meeting.
- If a pilot is not attending the technical meeting, he will be consider understood of all the competition rules
- Pilot briefing for pilots and team leader by Meet Director will take place at Take off area, every day before starting the 1st round on that day or after a stand down.
- Take Off : Gunung Tumpa, 350 m ASL (alt. 1) / Tiwoho Hill, 100m ASL (alt.2)
- Distance from Take Off to Landing Zone, 1420 m
- Landing Zone : Tiwoho Field, 0 m ASL
- Take off & Landing
5.1 Take Off
- At the Launch Marshal’s or Meet Director’s discretion, a pilot may be temporarily stood down or permanently withdrawn from the competition if he/she appears unable to launch safely in wind and weather conditions that fall within operating limits.
- A failed take-off attempt or safety problem arising immediately after take-off (and which is not a result of pilot’s poor pre-flight check) which results in a landing at take-off, or away from the target, will be eligible for a re-launch for that round.
- Competitors must fly in the published flying order, unless they have prior permission from the Launch Marshal.
- Competitors not ready to fly in the established flying order when called forward to launch by the Launch Marshal, or who take off without the Launch Marshal’s permission, will be liable to a maximum score.
- A pilot who is not present at launch will be marked ABS in the results of that round and a maximum score will be recorded.
- A pilot who did not fly will be indicated as DNF in the results for that round and a maximum score will be recorded.
- The Measuring Field will have clearly marked circles set at 2.5 m, 5 m and 10 m.
- Competitors will be scored according to the distance in centimeters between the first point of ground contact and the edge of the dead centre disc to a maximum score of 500.
- The area between 5 m to 10 m is a no falling area. If a pilot landing inside 5 m area but fall before 10 m, the pilot will be given a max score.
- Landing must be made on the feet. Falling is not allowed and a maximum score will be recorded, if the competitor falls.
- Falling is defined as: described in the Section 7C rules in force at the time of the competition.
- If a competitor lands with both feet together and the first point of contact cannot be determined, then the furthest point of the footprint is measured.
- Maximum Wind Speed
The maximum permitted wind speed for the purposes of competition scoring is 7 m/s
The official signal for pilots in the air to fly away from the target for safety reasons will be the waving of a red signal flag by someone in the measuring field.
- The official Championship’s Pre-fliers will be notified to all pilots at the first competition briefing.
- They will be experienced pilots familiar with the local sites, who understand the importance of their role in the Championships. They will not be competitors.
- Individual scores shall be an aggregate of all scores achieved by that competitor. When five or more valid rounds are completed, the worst score is dropped.
- The winner shall be the pilot gaining the lowest aggregate score across all the rounds flown in
- the Championships.
- For team scoring, the worst pilot score in that team will be dropped for each round.
- There will be no score dropped for team score.
- One practice round score will be keep as a provisional result in case of bad weather and there is no valid round.
Specify the penalties that may be imposed by the Meet Director.
- Safety Committee
- At technical meeting, a Safety Committee will be formed. It will be lead by Meet Director with member of Launch Marshal, senior member of Judging Team, minimum of two experienced participating pilots (foreign pilot).
- The Safety Director’s responsibility will be to monitor all aspects of safety. These include but are not limited to:
- addressing all pilots at a specific safety briefing,
- attending all pilot briefings,
- checking meteorological conditions especially wind speed at launch and target
- checking pilot separation
- preventing pilots launching with unsafe equipment
- collecting accident reports
- discussing incidents with Steward and presenting conclusions at pilot briefings
- Emergency procedures
One English speaking emergency doctor and an ambulance with appropriate equipment will be available during all operations.
- Radio Tranceivers
Radios are allowed for communication between competitors and team leaders. Only frequencies allocated by the organizers may be used. The official frequency during the competition and the safety frequency will be announced at the first Pilot briefing.
- Complaints & Protests
- Complaints and Protests will be dealt with according to the procedures in Section 7C and General Section. A complaint may be made to the Meet Director or deputy, preferably by the Team Leader. It should be made with the minimum delay and it will be dealt with expeditiously.
- If the complainant is not satisfied with the outcome, the Team Leader may make a protest in writing to the Director. The time limit for protests is 1 hours after notification of the result of the complaint. The protest fee is €50. It will be returned if the protest is upheld.
- Free Flyers
Policy for free flying will be announced at the first briefing. There will however be no free-flying allowed during the daily competition rounds or during stand down in the competition.
Teaser PGAWC 1st Series Manado – Indonesia
See the beauty of Manado City
Gunung Tumpa Flying Site
Paragliding Trip Of Indonesia (TRoI) 2015
Paragliding & Paramotor Training Course 2016
BUNAKEN ISLAND 1 DAY TRIP PACKAGE ***
(for certified scubadiver)
|:||PRICE : US$ 90/person
· Including: boat to Bunaken Island, 2x dives, professional guide, diving gear, lunch, local transport (hotel – marina harbor – hotel). Only US$ 70/person if you have your own gear.
· Dive guide ratio 1:4, minimum 4 person
|DISCOVERY TO SCUBA PACKAGE||:||PRICE : US$ 110/person
· Including: boat to Bunaken Island, 2x dives, professional guide, diving gear, lunch, local transport (hotel – marina harbor – hotel).
· Dive guide ratio 1:2, minimum 4 person
|SNORKELING||PRICE : US$ 35/person
· Including: boat to Bunaken Island, 2 spot, professional guide, snorkeling gear, lunch, local transport (hotel – marina harbor – hotel).
· Minimum 8 person
|SNORKELING + DIVING (DISCOVERY TO SCUBA)||PRICE : US$ 80/person
· Including: boat to Bunaken Island, 1 snorkeling + 1 dive, professional guide, snorkeling & diving gear, lunch, local transport (hotel – marina harbor – hotel).
· Minimum 4 person
*** All package not including Bunaken entrance fee. All visitors to th¬e Bunaken National P¬ark (divers and non-divers) are required to pay an entrance fee, in a¬ccordance with the Nort¬h Sulawesi Provincial Government Provincial Law Number 9/2002.¬ The entrance fee for foreign visitors is IDR 150,000 (approx. US $17/ EUR €14) and IDR 5,000 for domestic visitors.